To begin with, let’s try to figure out what a protein diet is, and what its features are. First of all, it is worth saying that this diet is based on a large intake of protein foods: eggs, seafood, meat, fish, dairy products, various beans and cereals. It is necessary to minimize the consumption of fats, and even more so carbohydrates.
It seems to many that the protein diet is quite rigid, however, this is not so. A huge advantage is food saturation, with almost no restrictions. Let’s now figure out exactly what foods are worth eating in large quantities, because your main diet will be composed of them.
What to eat on a protein diet?
1. Dairy products
2. Meat and fish
3. Low-fat yogurts and cottage cheese
Products that can not be consumed on a protein diet :
1. Fast food 2. Sweet high-calorie fruits 3. Baking and desserts. 4. Potatoes 5. Fatty dairy products 6. Fatty meat.
Why you should choose a protein diet for weight loss?
Proteins are the building material for our body, they contain a huge amount of vitamins, macro- and microelements. The problem of many people who are trying to lose weight are constant breakdowns due to hunger. On a protein diet, you will have enough energy and you will not constantly think about food. You will also not deplete your body, it will look attractive, because muscle tissue will not be disturbed. This is a great option for those who ultimately want to get a toned figure.
How does a protein diet work?
The bottom line is that the body spends a huge amount of energy on the digestion and assimilation of protein food. To digest low-fat chicken breast or egg white, your body must spend its own reserves, which are fat. It is at these moments that a powerful process of losing weight starts. In order to achieve maximum results, it’s worth adding at least minimal exercise.
No one says that you have to disappear all day in the gym , but a half-hour circular training at home will help strengthen the effect of a protein diet.
– Significant benefits of a protein diet . First of all, this is a wide selection of products that are available in many stores. You will not experience a constant feeling of hunger, and each time you will be saturated with a meal and enjoy it. You must admit that even a lean piece of meat cooked quite tasty seems to be much more appetizing than the freshest leaf of lettuce or a green apple. There is a huge selection of recipes that are suitable for people who follow protein foods.
Many note the significant advantage of the protein diet over others, over time you can even get used to such a diet, and the diet can become your lifestyle. Having thrown off a certain amount of kilograms, gradually you can add your favorite products without gaining weight. But you should always remember that the main products of your diet should remain proteins.
– Cons of a protein diet . Of course, each method of losing weight has its drawbacks, but they are insignificant in the protein diet. The very first and most important thing is that the products that you need to eat often enough are not cheap. Seafood will cost you more than a bun or pie that you can buy on the way to work. You will also have to spend much more time cooking. Fans of sweets will not be easy, because a protein diet does not imply almost no desserts, except for dried fruits and fruits with a low fructose content.
You will have to carry containers with you, which will be enough food for the whole day, especially if you spend a lot of time at work or at school. A protein diet involves eating at least 5 times a day.
Basic principles of protein diet :
1. Refuse junk food . It is necessary to exclude alcoholic beverages, fast food, bakery products, sweets, dried fruits can be analogues. Sweeteners should also not be present in your diet. Any food items that get on your plate should be low-carb. Do not forget that even a small amount of sweetener in a cup of coffee can cause a strong appetite, as a result – overeating.
2. Drink more water . This refers to pure water, and not various drinks in the form of coffee, tea or juices. With a protein diet, you need to drink water at least 2 liters per day. Carry a small bottle with you, constantly replenish it, so you will remember the need to take a couple of sips, even if you are not at home and not in an institution.
3. Minimize fat intake . If your diet contains fatty types of cheese, fatty cottage cheese, nuts or butter, eat them before lunch, so the body will spend energy on time, and excess calories will not be deposited in your form of fat. Protein food goes well with tomatoes, broccoli, and low-glucose fruits.
4. Physical activity . In any case, you have to supplement the protein diet with exercise. This is how you quickly achieve the desired result, speed up metabolism, improve the absorption of protein foods and can spend more calories than you consume, and this is the secret to healthy weight loss.
Who should think well about choosing a protein diet?
First of all, those who suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract , as well as kidney failure. A protein diet is undesirable for people aged, because the body must process a sufficiently large amount of protein food, and if there are openings with the heart or blood vessels, it is worth abandoning the idea altogether.
Sometimes, with the illiterate use of a protein diet , blood coagulation can change, and as a result there is a risk of blood clots. Therefore, take blood tests in advance and be safe, so that losing weight does not turn out to be a health problem for you.