Proper nutrition for gastritis is the main method of treating the disease and preventing the disease in the future. In acute attacks, the diet will relieve unpleasant and painful sensations. In this case, some foods should be excluded from the diet.
What should be discarded
In particular, you should avoid hot and salty: chili peppers, pickles, sour foods, fatty foods – anything that is difficult to digest. Animal fats are a cause of gastritis in patients with weakened stomachs.
Another large group of products that should be discarded are various drinks such as lemonade, beer, soda water, sparkling wines, champagne, carbonated soft drinks. Alcohol, coffee, tobacco products are also serious stomach irritants. It is categorically important to exclude them from use. Of the teas in the diet, you should leave only green, it is better to refuse other types of this drink.
Eating food at night is excluded. Heavy meals are very difficult to digest at night. The interval between eating and sleeping should be at least two hours. A hearty dinner is a common cause of gastritis attacks.
Another separate group of unwanted products is confectionery – sweets, cakes, sweet cookies.
Nutrition rules for gastritis
In addition to nutrition, the frequency of gastritis attacks is influenced by some of the patient’s habits and lifestyle. So, excessive physical exertion should be avoided before eating. The same goes for any kind of mental or emotional shock.
Before meals, light exercise is recommended in the form of a relaxing walk or swimming. This will help alleviate stress and whet your appetite.
It is not recommended to drink a lot of water with meals or immediately after. The fact is that water dilutes the gastric juice, and digestion becomes difficult. It is best to drink water between meals.
You should not eat many different foods at the same time to avoid food incompatibilities. This can provoke a phenomenon such as heartburn, flatulence, bloating.
Some more helpful tips:
- Break food intake into 5-6 meals a day.
- Avoid haste when eating. Chew slowly and gently.
- While eating, do not be distracted by reading newspapers or watching TV.
- Do not engage yourself with conversations with other people while eating.
- With an attack of gastritis, it is advisable to interrupt food intake for at least 12 hours.
Healthy food for gastritis
A therapeutic diet is essential in the treatment of gastritis. It is better to formulate a competent and balanced diet for gastritis with the help of a gastroenterologist or a nutritionist by contacting the Dobrobut medical clinic .
A soft, sticky food is recommended. It is such food that does not destroy or irritate the intestinal walls. Among useful products are the following:
- Baked apples and green, unripe bananas. They provide the body with energy and useful minerals. The soft texture is ideal for delicate stomachs. Moreover, bananas not only have protective but also healing properties for ulcers.
- Carrot. It is considered one of the best vegetables for the stomach. Rich in carotenoids, it helps to regenerate the lining of the stomach. It is also useful in the form of carrot juice.
- Pumpkin and zucchini. They moisturize and refresh the stomach, are rich in fiber and vitamins, and help in the treatment of gastritis.
- Olive oil. It contains vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. It has anti-inflammatory and protective properties.
- Before going to bed, it is recommended to use laxative dairy products (fresh kefir, yogurt).