Doctors do not just talk about the effects of a balanced diet and a special diet in the treatment of psoriasis. Practice shows that a properly planned diet, a special diet for psoriasis become fundamental factors and the key to a successful fight for clean skin, allow you to keep the disease at a remission stage, and resist relapses. If you really want to deal with the resumption of the appearance of psoriatic plaques on the skin as little as possible, you will have to abandon some foods once and for all, as well as constantly adhere to the same diet.
The “right” foods for psoriasis
The main thing in the treatment of psoriasis is to achieve stable normal functioning of the digestive tract, that is, to create the correct acid-base environment in the digestive organs. If this condition is met, then the functions of the body will gradually recover and your condition will noticeably improve.
In order to achieve such a result, it is necessary to know which products can be included in the diet, and which is better to completely abandon. Alkali-forming products include:
· Low-fat meats (lamb, poultry, rabbit meat). However, even these types of meat should not be abused.
· Of fish products, it is recommended to eat hake, sea language, halibut, sardine, white tuna, cod, flounder, sturgeon. It is advisable to steam the fish or eat it in a baked, stewed form.
· Fruits, vegetables (almost everything!) And juices from them must be present in the daily diet!
· You can eat cereals and cereals, among which buckwheat, millet, brown rice, oats, bran, sprouted wheat, rye are especially useful.
· It is recommended to use sesame seeds, pumpkins, sunflowers, flax, pine nuts, natural granola (buckwheat, oat, wheat).
· Be sure to include vegetable oils (olive, sunflower oil, etc.) in your menu.
In addition, the diet for psoriasis does not sometimes prohibit the use of olives, nuts, mushrooms, grapes, low-fat cheeses, low-fat dairy products (cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir) in food. And to make the body much easier to fight the disease, you need to limit the use of foods that contribute to the formation of an acidic environment in the digestive tract. These include, for example, uncooked and smoked sausages, animal fats, potatoes, fatty meat dishes, fried foods, sugar and all confectionery products, hard cheese, butter and cream, some cereals.
Now we list the products that the diet for psoriasis completely and irrevocably excludes.
“Wrong” foods for psoriasis
It is possible that for many people suffering from psoriasis, it will be very difficult to forever abandon the products, a list of which will be given below. But! You must prioritize – which is more important for you, to live a full life, communicate without restraint with others, be glad that you can control the disease or give up on everything and continue to indulge your whims, thereby exacerbating the chronic disease and state of your health.
So, if you are determined to take the path of recovery, you should never consume:
· Sweets, starch, sugar (including cane)
· Products that include colorants, preservatives, flavoring agents
Cocoa, coffee, chocolate
· Sea and river crustaceans, as well as any dishes from them
· White flour baked goods
To improve metabolism while following a diet, you need to drink plenty of purified water, freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices. It is advisable to replace black tea with herbal tea or herbal decoctions.
Exclude from the list of allowed and recommended dietary products those that cause your allergic reaction. Introduce new foods into the diet gradually, carefully listening to how the body reacts to them.
In addition to the main diet, take vitamin complexes, macro and micronutrients, minerals, which are usually recommended for therapeutic dietary complexes.
Be sure to coordinate your diet with your doctor. Knowing all the features of your body, observing the course of the disease, the specialist will be able to correct the diet and make useful additions to it.
Help your body deal with psoriasis! It’s so easy!