Acne on the skin does not just appear. Their occurrence is necessarily due to the influence of some provoking factor, and possibly more than one. Therefore, it is very important to establish the true cause against which the problems appeared. As a rule, with the rare appearance of acne, the reason lies only in improper nutrition and with its correction, the symptoms completely disappear.
The causes of acne
There are many provocateurs for the appearance of acne. In adolescence, they occur against the background of hormonal changes in the body. Usually few children manage to avoid this misfortune. Pregnant women find themselves in a similar situation. Acne can appear during a certain stage of the menstrual cycle. Diseases of the endocrine system fall into the same category.
Other reasons include:
- Improper nutrition. Excessive passion for drinks with gas, fast food, fatty and flour products, all this leaves an imprint on the face, and possibly even on the whole body. Therefore, it is very important to adjust the menu and refuse all harmful products.
- Mobile phone. This reason is not even worth laughing at. There are huge colonies of bacteria on the smartphone, each person constantly applies it to his face. Determining whether the phone is really the cause is very simple, you just have to observe which side acne most often appears on, most likely from the one to which the smartphone is applied.
- Arms. Simply touching your face with dirty hands can cause acne. We usually do this unconsciously, in the most exciting moments.
- Improper care. Another common reason. These can be dirty makeup tools, inappropriate cosmetics, detergents. Some girls do not even take off their makeup at night, but in vain, this is a huge risk of waking up in the morning with acne on your face.
- Extrusion. Surely every mother told her child that in no case should pimples be squeezed out, and she was right. Indeed, this radical remedy allows you to instantly get rid of an unpleasant growth, but this is a huge risk to bring the infection into the deep layers of the epidermis and thereby cause the appearance of new pimples.
- Stress. Emotional stress is reflected detrimentally on the state of the whole organism. It can cause many ailments, including pimples on the skin.
Finally, dehydration can be a triggering factor. We are not talking about people living in hot climates. A person should receive water daily, in the required amount, regardless of the area of residence and the ambient temperature. Dry skin is an ideal place for bacteria to grow and, as a result, acne.
Basic principles of the acne diet
Regardless of the cause, you can reduce or even get rid of acne with nutritional corrections. Medical nutrition in this case should be based on several principles:
- more vegetables and fruits with fiber, it absorbs toxic substances and removes them from the body;
- drink at least 1.5 liters of water throughout the day, it also helps to remove toxins;
- reduce the amount of salt consumed to a minimum;
- try to season salads with lemon juice, not vegetable oils;
- try to eat at the same time.
Try to be less nervous and undergo regular medical examinations so as not to miss any disease and eliminate it at the initial stage.
Do not be afraid of changes in your life, and even more so when it comes to changing the menu towards proper nutrition. With this diet, you can eat everything, but with an emphasis on healthy foods, and believe that the menu will be very tasty and satisfying. Approved and recommended products include:
- Dishes with Omega-3 content. These include fatty fish, seafood, nuts, vegetable oils, but always cold pressed. It is this amino acid that helps to normalize fat metabolism in the body.
- Fiber foods. It is also recommended to introduce dried fruits, which help prevent constipation, which also leads to acne over time.
- Whole grains . It is best to sprout wheat, cereals, and rice on your own. Sprouted crops help the body to cope with the harmful effects of certain foods.
- There must be meat in the diet, but low-fat varieties.
- Dairy products also have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive tract. But it is better to give preference to low-fat milk.
If you switched to the correct diet, then do not forget to drink water, it should be present in the diet throughout the day at least 2 liters. Dehydration inevitably leads to an endurance of the process of excretion of subcutaneous fat.
Prohibited and not recommended products include:
- Dishes with a high glycemic index. These are the simplest carbohydrates: sugar, soda, ice cream. Often, too much sugar in the diet is the cause of acne.
- Animal fats. Another enemy of clear skin.
- Foods high in cholesterol. These are margarine, sausage, mayonnaise, semi-finished products.
- Spicy foods are also unwanted on the table.
Do not get too carried away with strong drinks, especially with alcohol content. Drink less tea and coffee, it is better to give preference to pure non-carbonated water.
Prohibited foods negatively affect the cleanliness of the skin, overload the digestive system, against which toxins and toxins appear in the body.
How nutrition will help against rashes
Reducing the fat content of the diet will help to narrow the pores, which has a beneficial effect on the disappearance of acne. Reducing the amount of sugar also has a positive effect on the digestive tract, which can reduce the risk of acne and also get rid of dependence on this harmful product.
A sufficient amount of fiber in the body is the key to the proper functioning of the stomach. And the regularity of food intake only improves its work and allows the body to quickly cope with harmful bacteria and, as a result, get rid of acne.
And the most important thing is that the acne diet has no contraindications, as it is based on the principles of proper nutrition.
Sample menu of a diet for acne
For breakfast, oatmeal or cottage cheese, with a low percentage of fat, green tea is ideal. For lunch, it is recommended to eat soup, you can steam cutlets, baked fish, salad. For dinner, you can eat buckwheat porridge, boiled chicken or rabbit meat, and wash it down with herbal tea.
Fruit is ideal as a snack, but not rolls or candy. Dried fruits, low-fat cottage cheese, nuts are suitable.
Review of reviews from the Internet “diet for acne”
Most reviews, approximately 95%, indicate that many have managed to cope with acne only with diet. Even young people speak about this, in whom they appear against the background of hormonal changes in the body. Some write that only the refusal of sweets helped them; during snacks, they ate nuts and dried fruits.
In addition, adhering to the principles of proper nutrition, most of them managed to get rid of excess weight.
Prevention and skin care
In addition to following the rules of a balanced diet, no less attention should be paid to skin care, especially the face. It is recommended to wash yourself twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, with warm water, preferably boiled. Use soap should be mild, specially designed for the care of the skin of the face, it is possible for problematic ones. Do not get too carried away with scrubs and cleansing procedures, so as not to injure the epidermis once again.
You should definitely give up the practice of squeezing acne. This once again traumatizes the skin, and there is also a great risk of infection, which will provoke the appearance of even more pimples. In addition, such a procedure inevitably leads to swelling and bruising. Wash your hands regularly throughout the day, especially after visiting public places and the toilet.
If the problem appears on the body, avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing, especially synthetic materials.
Girls are advised to select cosmetics exclusively for sensitive skin. It is best not to use oily products. Never forget to take off your makeup before going to bed.
Hair should always be clean. This also applies to the beard. To trim it, use only a safety blade to minimize the risk of skin damage.
Try to avoid stressful situations, as a last resort, try to stay calm. This will have a positive effect not only on the skin, but also on the general condition of the body.
And, of course, don’t forget about a balanced diet. If it is difficult to quickly rebuild, do it gradually, gradually removing harmful products and introducing useful ones. This approach will allow you to quickly feel the desired result. And the body itself “will say thank you.”